My photo
SERVICES | Capital Management - Promotions - Career Development

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Trade | Wednesday, January 2, 2013



Juice | KC
Founders of StocksOnDeckMiamiBoys
@iamdjuice | @TheKevinCosta

US Markets 

DJ-30 2.35%  | SP-500 2. 54% | Nasdaq 3.07%


The "fiscal cliff" resolution cleared the way for a monster rally, unleashing New Year's buying. The DOW jumped 308 points to 13,412, the most points ever on the first trading day of the year, and the S&P  was up 36 points at 1462.  




On todays "The Trade" I want to talk about one big problem that I have. Greed. While a certain amount of greed is required to be successful on Wall Street, too much will undoubtedly screw you out of big profits. Take $KORS. I bought $KORS on Monday at 51.00 and woke up today to see it at 53.00 pre-market. I held and $KORS even hit 53.24 early morning. I still held and the stock dropped all the way to 49.98, never to surpass 52 that day again. So that brings me to the lesson: Have a realistic target profit when in a trade and do not be greedy.


Juice | KC

Founders of StocksOnDeckMiamiBoys

@iamdjuice | @TheKevinCosta

No comments:

Post a Comment